September – June
7 – 10 nights
As life gets really busy and sometimes we don’t pay enough attention to the people who are most important to us, traveling is a good way to reconnect. Instead of rushing going to school or get the project done, you will have the time to just enjoy being with your family in Morocco.
When your kids will play the “ Remember when “ game, they will put those memories on the table. Looking back to those pictures, you will remember how much fun you had and the people you met.
From the moment you arrive to Marrakech until your flight back home, you don’t need to think about anything we take care of everything.
Designing Your Journey
asgunfa has designed the perfect itinerary for an immersive journey. We know the destination inside and out, and we are at your side to give you recommendations based not only on your travel needs and preferences but also based on our previous experiences.
Step 1 – Explore Marrakech & surroundings
Stroll through the interior courtyards of the Bahia palace – let yourself be enchanted by the blue of the Majorelle Garden and the magic of the Yves Saint-Laurent Museum.
Moroccan cuisine is one of the most famous around the world thanks to variety and authenticity of the products. You will have the opportunity to master traditional skills to prepare a couscous then share it with your family. Your kids will love it !
Activities in Natural reserve
A good way to explore nature and doing fun activities is to spend a day in Terre d’Amanar. Located 30 Minutes from Marrakech, Terre d’Amanar is backed by the Toubkal National Park. The site has the largest air route in Africa, you can admire the Toubekal national park by taking the Zipline. The place is also an ideal starting point for trekking to explore the villages, valleys and peaks of the Atlas. All activities are supervised by qualified professionals and are suitable for adults and children. A play area is entirely dedicated to children from 4 years old. Supervised by the animators and monitors, the children will be able to practice climbing, swings, trampoline and more.
With this activity you will spend some hours creating and drawing with your kids. Your teacher will demonstrate the technique then will leave you to create. Your hands will get dirty and your children will find it so much amusing. The next part of our class was to try our hand at Tadelakt, which is a traditional type of plaster used in Moroccan walls. By the end of the session, you will deserve a good tagine and moroccan tea.
Step 2 – Road trip through Atlas Mountains
Civilization is slowly fading away while leaving Marrakech. Your guide will take you to different spots to visit berber villages in the Atlas mountains.
We planned for you a visit to The Atlas Film Corporation Studios where famous movies have been shot including Jewel of the Nile, Kingdom of Heaven and Kundun.
We will take you through some of the stages, settings, and workshops built into the 11-hectare site, but you’re also welcome to walk around on your own.
Step 3 – Gateway to the Sahara
After a nice Moroccan breakfast around these amazing landscapes, we will head south towards Merzouga, gateway into the golden dunes of the Sahara Desert. You’ll have the chance to choose your favorite camel who will take you watch the sun set over the Sahara dunes.
Your home for the next three nights will be a luxury tent in a private tented area with large comfortable beds as well as rich Moroccan carpets covering the sand and western-style bathroom facilities. Nothing will beat these night under the desert stars.
You will enjoy every night some moroccan entertainment around the campfire, delicious food and amazing company of Bedouin.
You will have the chance to drive through the sand dunes exploring the nomads life and some unique history of the region.
What makes this trip impactful
- Your Marrakech tour is provided by our non profit organization partner Pikala which aims at supporting education and employment amongst youth by training local girls and boys to become professional bicycle tour guides. Furthermore, Pikala is supporting recycling project of bicycles coming from the Netherlands. Check them out on www.pikalabikes.com
- You will support female cooperatives and local workshops by witnessing their hard work during our suggested visits along the way to the Sahara.
- You will travel carbon free as we offset your trip carbon footprint by planting trees in cooperation with our partner High Atlas Foundation https://highatlasfoundation.
What is included
- Private driver & guide during all your trip
- Handpicked high-quality riads & hotels
- Deluxe Sahara Desert Encampment
- Half board – Breakfast & Dinner
- Marrakech cultural tour with Pikala
- Camel trekking to catch the sunset
- Sahara Safari in 4*4 to discover nomads life
- Traditional music around campfire every night
- Tailored pre-departure advice and personalized support
- Tree plantation to offset the carbon footprint of your trip
What is not included
- Add-on activities as quad or buggy in the Sahara
- Monuments fees
- Additional Beverages
While a fixed price depends on your preferences, we offer you these 8 days amazing trip including 1 nights in our luxury camp in Merzouga starting from 2400€ per person based on double occupancy.
Children from 2 to 12 are charged up to 50% and babies under 2 are free of charge.
Talking about a fixed price when talking about a tailor-made trip makes little sense. Indeed, it varies according to many factors (level of services, period, booking deadline and many more). The only exact price will be that of your personalized quote.