Social impact : 4 beneficiary families
Perfect time : September – June
Ideal length : 8 days
Price starting from 2440 €
Discover the jewels of Morocco between beautiful landscapes, Berber villages and sand dunes. You will get to your camp riding a camel while watching the sunset as your eyes are spread in a sea of sands with silky waves of dunes.
Slumber as the sounds of the desert hit you while you sleep in your luxury tent where every attention is turned to you.
Highlights of the trip
- Stunning sunrise over the sea of dunes
- Traditional & organic food
- Camel trekking to catch the sunset
- Quality Sahara Desert Encampment
- Rug workshop and welcome tea in Nomad family
- Gnawa music workshop in Khamlia community
Step 1 – Explore hidden gems of Marrakech
You will discover the beauty of Marrakech in a fun way with a young and native professional tour guide who will take you beyond the touristic districts.
You will stay in a handpicked traditional Riad that respects sustainable goals.
Hidden jewels of Marrakech won’t be a secret for you anymore.
Step 2 – Drive through the Kasbahs
You will cross the High Atlas Mountains via the highest road pass in Morocco at 2260 meters above sea level, offering some exhilarating driving via lush valleys and traditional Berber villages.
You will get to know some of them as Kasbah Glaoui and Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou. Considered as living museum, some of them are used as the backdrop in many international movies.
Step 3 – Experience the Sahara
You will head south towards Merzouga, gateway into the golden dunes of the Sahara Desert. You’ll have the chance to choose your favorite camel who will take you watch the sun set over the Sahara dunes.
Your home for the next nights will be a private tented area with large comfortable beds as well as rich Moroccan carpets covering the sand and western-style bathroom facilities. Nothing will beat these night under the desert stars.
You will enjoy every night some moroccan entertainment around the campfire, delicious food and amazing company of Bedouin.
You will have the chance to drive through the sand dunes exploring the nomads life and some unique history of the region.
Step 4 – Get to know local nomad lifestyle
Visit some local families that are still living in the middle of the sand dunes. You will feel welcomed with a mint tea and berber bread with traditional olive oil. Witness the hard work of the women making rugs for to warm their homes. Witness the work of Khamlia communities making a living out of Gnawa music. You will get the chance to try out their instruments and many more surprises.
What makes this trip impactful
- Your Marrakech tour is provided by our non profit organization partner Pikala which aims at supporting education and employment amongst youth by training local girls and boys to become professional bicycle tour guides.
- You will support female cooperatives and local workshops by witnessing their hard work during our suggested visits along the way to the Sahara.
- You will travel carbon free as we offset your trip carbon footprint by planting trees in cooperation with our partner High Atlas Foundation
While a fixed price depends on your preferences, we offer you these 8 days amazing trip including 1 nights in our luxury camp in Merzouga starting from 2‘440€ per person based on double occupancy.